Best Airport Spas In the US
The idea of combining a layover with a trip to the spa sounds perfect to many travelers. However, not all airport spas are created equal. Some are unreasonably expensive and others offer services that can hardly be considered spa-like.
If you are traveling through one of the airports listed below, a spa stop might be the best way to put a positive spin on your airport experience.
1. Detroit International proves why it is one of the country’s most underrated airports with the OraOxygen Spa. Offerings at this spa include oxygen treatments (short sessions breathing fresh oxygen fortified with medicinal oils), manicures and pedicures, and skin treatments. The most impressive option is a full 90-minute hot stone massage.
2. JFK’s JetBlue Terminal features a branch of the popular Oasis Day Spa, which has traditional locations throughout New York City. In addition to the full array of massages and skin treatments, Oasis also offers beauty services like waxing, a rarity among airport spas.
3. San Francisco features XpressSpa, an impressively designed upscale spa that stands out above other spas. Indirect lighting, boutique-style furnishings and live plants help to create an exceptionally non-airport experience. Treatments go well beyond the basics with massages, reflexology (Chinese pressure point foot massage), waxing, pedicures and manicures, and a full array of skin-care services.
4. Aside from its two SFO locations (Terminals 3 and G), the rapidly-expanding XpressSpa has locations in larger airports throughout the country:
- Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson (Terminals A and C)
- Boston Logan (Terminal B)
- An astonishing 6 locations in New York’s JFK
- and outlets in Las Vegas McCarran, Houston George Bush Intercontinental and Dallas Fort Worth International.
A complete list of airports with XpressSpa outlets can be found on the company’s website.